Tegalalang Rice Terrace is a beautiful, ancient terraced landscape located in the Tegalalang district of Ubud, Bali. The terraces are fed by the nearby Petanu River and are used for the cultivation of rice. The terraces are a unique and stunning sight, featuring lush greenery, cascading water and winding pathways. They are one of the most popular tourist attractions in Bali, drawing visitors from all over the world.
The Tegalalang Rice Terrace is a must-see destination for those visiting Bali for its unique and authentic experiences. The terraces offer visitors a glimpse into the traditional way of life and rice cultivation methods of the Balinese people. The terraces also provide a stunning backdrop for photographs, as well as an opportunity to explore the local culture and cuisine. In addition, Tegalalang Rice Terrace offers a number of activities, such as yoga and meditation sessions, hiking and trekking, making it a perfect destination for adventure seekers and nature lovers alike.
Why Tegalalang Rice Terrace is worth visiting
- Tegalalang Rice Terrace offers a unique and authentic experience for visitors. It gives a glimpse into the traditional way of life and rice cultivation methods of the Balinese people.
- The terraces themselves offer stunning views and lush landscape that provide a beautiful backdrop for photographs and a peaceful and tranquil atmosphere.
- The terraces are a great place to learn about traditional rice cultivation. Visitors can see how the terraces are built and maintained, and how the water is channeled through the terraces to irrigate the rice.
- Tegalalang Rice Terrace is also a great place to try local cuisine and buy souvenirs. Visitors can sample traditional Balinese dishes and snacks, and purchase local crafts and products.
- Tegalalang Rice Terrace also offers yoga and meditation sessions, which allow visitors to relax and enjoy the peaceful surroundings while learning about Balinese culture.
- Tegalalang Rice Terrace is also a great destination for hiking and trekking. Visitors can explore the terraces and the surrounding area on foot and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
Guide to visiting Tegalalang Rice Terrace
What to wear
When visiting Tegalalang Rice Terrace, it is important to wear comfortable clothing and shoes. The terraces can be quite steep and uneven in places, so it’s best to wear closed-toe shoes with good traction, like sneakers or hiking shoes. The weather in Bali can be hot and humid, so it’s recommended to wear light, breathable clothing.
It is also important to protect yourself from the sun, so be sure to wear a hat, sunglasses and bring sunscreen with you. It’s also a good idea to bring a refillable water bottle to stay hydrated.
Best time to visit
The operating hours for Tegalalang Rice Terrace are from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm daily. It is best to avoid visiting during the heat of the day, as the terraces can get quite hot and crowded. The best time to visit Tegalalang Rice Terrace is early in the morning or late in the afternoon, when the light is softer and the crowds are smaller.
The cost of entrance to Tegalalang Rice Terrace is currently around IDR 10,000 per person. However, please note that the fee is subject to change and you should check the official website or ask our tour guide for the most current information.
How to get there
Tegalalang Rice Terrace is located in the Tegalalang district of Ubud, Bali. It is about a 30-minute drive from the center of Ubud and can be accessed by car or motorbike. There are several transportation options to get to Tegalalang Rice Terrace:
- By car or motorbike: You can rent a car or motorbike and drive to Tegalalang Rice Terrace. However, it is important to note that traffic in Bali can be congested and road conditions can be challenging, so this option is only recommended for experienced motorists.
- By public transportation: It is possible to reach Tegalalang Rice Terrace by public bus from Ubud, however this can be a bit complicated and time-consuming. It is recommended to opt for one of the previously mentioned options for a smoother experience.
- By taxi: Taxis are widely available in Bali and can take you directly to Tegalalang Rice Terrace. However, it is important to negotiate the fare beforehand to avoid being overcharged.
- By tour package (most convenient): Our affordable tour packages will take you to the Tegalalang Rice Terrace and provide you with a guide and transportation. This is a great option if you want to go to multiple places beyond just Tegalalang Rice Terrace in one day, having a more organized and stress-free experience.
Our tour packages
Our extremely affordable tour packages for Tegalalang Rice Terrace includes transportation to and from the terraces. In addition, we also take you to other attractions to make it a memorable day. Here are our tour packages which include Tegalalang Rice Terrace as a destination:
Tegalalang Rice Terrace is a must-see destination in Bali, offering visitors a unique and authentic experience. The terraces themselves offer stunning views and lush landscapes, and provide an opportunity to learn about traditional rice cultivation methods. Visitors can also enjoy local cuisine and souvenirs, as well as yoga and meditation sessions.
We highly recommend booking our tour package for an even more enjoyable and memorable experience at Tegalalang Rice Terrace. Book now, and let us show you the best of Tegalalang Rice Terrace.Bwes
Value For Your Ride
Quality doesn't always have
to come at an expensive price
Guests are protected by
insurance coverage during the ride
Last minute booking?
We'll respond as fast as we can
Don't worry about getting disconnected from the world during the ride
No Deposit Required
Your payment is not required
until our job is done
Baby Seat Available
Bringing the baby out for a holiday?
We'll prepare a baby seat
Free Device Charging
Charging services provided for your devices, so you'll never run out of juice
More Than Just Drivers
Need a personal tour guide, photographer or a friend? Just let our drivers know
Learn Balinese culture
from a true local